February 14 signifies a plethora of emotional scenarios:
- Some will bask in the divine light of love with their partner of choice, undoubtedly entranced by the hypnotic intimacy exuded from their eyes.
- Others will choose the opposite, overcome by feelings of despair and love lost, mourning what could have been and waiting, hoping for a brighter future.
- And still others, those who’d rather not be forced to show affection regardless of whether or not they’re in love, will roll their eyes at this Hallmark holiday.
But regardless of which category you claim, at some point during Valentine’s Day you’ll need a drink and a good, cinematically-induced laugh. Here’s a cocktail and a romantic comedy for each of the above emotional scenarios, curated by the team at Coppercraft.
Breakfast at Tiffany’s, featuring the “C.T.K.”
A timeless classic, Audrey Hepburn’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s is a wholesome film meant to be enjoyed with the one you love. And it can only be made better by the introduction of an instant classic: the “C.T.K.” Think breakfast meets dessert — in drink form — and you’ll begin to fathom the bliss that is “C.T.K.” when it first tickles your tongue.
- 2 oz Coppercraft Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz cream
- 1 oz cinnamon syrup
- 2 dashes vanilla extract
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into coupe. Garnish with ground cinnamon and grated nutmeg.
10 Things I Hate About You, featuring “I Hate How Much I Love You”
Do you despise the fact that there’s a day dedicated to seemingly superficial acts of love and generosity? Are you bored of what the standard brand of romantic comedy has to offer? Turn on this flick and flip the script. And while you do it, mix an “I Hate How Much I Love You.” We guarantee you’ll fall harder for this cocktail than Julia Stiles did for the angelic Heath Ledger.
- 2 oz Coppercraft Citrus Vodka
- 2 oz Thatcher’s Blood Orange Liqueur
- 1 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- .75 oz honey syrup
- 2 dashes angostura aromatic bitters
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into Collins glass. Garnish with grapefruit segment and lemon spiral.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall, featuring “Peopi’s Painkiller, Presented by Kunu”
No one likes Valentine’s Day after a breakup. And most will do everything in their power to avoid the tidal wave of sadness that may come when thinking of an ex-partner. But have any of us had it as bad as this guy? Lose your longtime girlfriend to a rockstar, travel to Hawaii to avoid him and her, and then discover they’re staying in the room next door? If you have, do as Jason Segal did: turn towards your friends and ask them to mix one of these. You’ll forget your ex in no time.
- 2 oz Coppercraft Clear Rum
- 2 oz Coppercraft Barrel-Aged Rum
- 1.5 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz lime
- .75 oz banana syrup
- .5 oz orange syrup
- 3 dashes coconut syrup
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into Tiki glass. Garnish with orange segment, lime wheel, and lime swirl.
While champagne might be the traditional route, if you’re looking to really please your whiskey enthusiast this Valentine’s day, give the gift of Coppercraft. Available for purchase online, or pick up locally in a store near you.
Here’s to love, in all its forms. Happy Valentine’s Day!